Guest Blog Posting Tips
Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012
Having a blog running on your website is an important element of your website’s SEO strategy. If you fancy yourself as a good writer that may have a wider appeal, from there you may want to take networking into your own hands and get your content published on other people’s websites. One of the best ways to do this is through guest posting.
Guest blog posting means writing articles for other blogs to post. That may seem counter-productive, but it really isn’t. The key is to target the more popular blogs that are within your niche. The post you make will link back to your own blog, and hey presto – fresh traffic from a different audience.
Tips for getting guest posting gigs:
- Do some legwork and research the most popular blogs in your field, then see if there’s a guest blog opportunity.
- Google.com/reader is a great way to find blogs with a high subscriber count. Check out the Twitter search function.
- Check out this incredible guide by Ann Smarty on using Google to find guest post opportunities.
- Also try the Google Blog Search for an even more comprehensive search.
- Believe it or not, there are communities designed specifically for building guest posting contacts! My Blog Guest is a great place to start.
- Check forums such as DigitalPoint for connections, tips and ideas from the people who know their stuff. Become an active member of the community and reap the rewards.
- Technorati and Alltop are two blog directories that can help you find the biggest blogs in your niche. Seek them out and try and get some linkage.
Guest blog posting isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but if you’re good at writing interesting content, then it is a terrific way of broadening out your online reach and generating new traffic from targeted online locations.