Content Management Systems
A Content Management System (CMS) gives Web site administrators the ability to update and manage Web site content. With the capacity to make updates at any time, companies are able to efficiently communicate with their online audiences. Web sites that have fresh and relevant content attract repeat visitors, so having a site that is regularly updated gives businesses a definite competitive advantage online.
CMS Web Site Features
A CMS offers a range of features and advantages that are applicable to a wide range of Web sites. The major benefits of utilisng a CMS for your business are as follows:
- Flexibility - CMS Web sites can either use pre-designed templates or can be customised with a brand new template design.
- Easy and Practical – Web site editors don’t have to be equipped with design or technical experience. Good CMS are simple to use and basic site-wide updates can often be completed in just a few minutes.
- Plugins - CMS sites allow you to add extensions and plugins to extend your site’s functionality without huge expense. Functions such as calendars, advanced search engine optimisation, social media add-ons, shopping carts, blogs and forums can be added with just a few clicks.
There are a heap of great content management tools out there but we’ve found WordPress to be the best. Here are some quick reasons why:
- It’s reliable
- It’s easy to learn to edit your content
- It’s great for search engine optimisation
- It’s easy to enhance your design and features
- It’s being used by millions of sites, making it well supported