Content Management Systems
A Content Management System (CMS) helps web site administrators update and manage their site’s content quickly and easily. Sites with fresh and relevant content attract repeat visitors, so updating regularly gives you a competitive advantage online.
Content management systems offer a range of benefits:
- Flexibility - CMS web sites can use either a template or a sophisticated custom design.
- Easy of Use – Good CMS are as simple as a word processor to use and basic site-wide updates can often be completed in just a few minutes.
- Plugins - CMS sites allow you to add extensions and plugins to extend your site’s functionality without huge expense – everything from widgets and calendars to shopping carts and forums.
There are a heap of great content management tools out there, but we’ve found WordPress to be the best. Here’s why:
- It’s reliable.
- It’s easy to learn to edit your content.
- It’s search engine friendly.
- You can enhance the design and features.
- A user base of millions means it’s well supported.