WordPress Web Site Design
WordPress is a compact, free, versatile and easy-to-use content management system (CMS). It is currently the world’s most popular free CMS. In the early days, WordPress started out primarily as a simple blogging tool but has long since extended its functionality into providing a robust platform for a wide variety of sites – from brochure sites, corporate sites, news sites to full ecommerce sites.
Benefits of using a WordPress CMS:
- It’s free and very easy to use
- Good CMS functionality, suitable for most types of sites
- Easy to install and suitable for a wide number of hosting accounts
- Excellent blogging functionality and search engine friendly
- Thousands of available extensions and design themes
- Well supported by the developer community
- Open source and free to use under GPL agreement
Benefits of Business Blogging
A blog is a ‘weblog’ and is basically a web site, or pages of a web site that have information, articles or content that’s added over time. Blogs are now used by many businesses as a useful marketing tool because they are an effective way to communicate with target audiences. Having information that is frequently updated will encourage Web site visitors to return to read new blog entries. In addition, many search engines love blogs, making it a great way to generate fresh traffic.
WordPress Sites by Avatar
Most of the sites Avatar designs are WordPress sites, see our portfolio for examples of how flexible WordPress web site design can be.