Get Your Online Store Ready For Christmas Shopping
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2015
Going into November, it’s a good time to check that you’re prepared for the busiest retail season of the year. Christmas is when many businesses take the bulk of their earnings, so it’s essential to be prepared to make the most of the rush. With packed malls and dozens of outlets offering different deals, browsing online is becoming more and more of a popular solution. Even if you don’t actually sell your products via your website, people can find details and information about your service and location to allow them to make the in-store purchase.
- Rearrange your website. Put Christmas gifts on the front page of your site, and make sure you highlight any special Christmas deals you’re offering. It’s a good idea to look through your previous sales history and find which products have traditionally been most popular during the Christmas period. Bring these to the fore, as they will probably create more conversions again.
- Email newsletter or Christmas card. Think about sending out a festive email newsletter or online Christmas card to say thank you or remind people of your offerings.
- Make holiday open hours visible. Holiday open hours are very helpful to shoppers – you definitely don’t want people thinking you’re closed when you aren’t. Put them on your homepage during the Christmas season, and change them under your Google+ listing as well (but remember to change them back!)
- Encourage good reviews. Consumers are bombarded by choices during the Christmas season, with every business trying to convince them that they’re the cheapest and best. With little to differentiate between options, reviews are commonly used to reach a decision. If you haven’t spent much time reaching out to happy customers and gathering reviews on Google+, Yelp, etc, the run up to Christmas is a good time.
- Paid ads. If you’re going to go for a paid ad campaign, the lead up to Christmas is one of the best times to do it. Not only will a paid campaign generate immediate sales for you, it’ll also generally increase awareness for the rest of the year. Google AdWords and Facebook advertising allows you to target very specific demographics, so make sure you focus on Christmas gifts and the kind of people this audience will be buying for.
Christmas is a crucial time for retailers, so ensure your site is in top shape to make the most of the consumer frenzy.
Free Expert Online Marketing Tips
Sign up to Avatar's monthly newsletter...