New Zealand Directories For Link Building In 2020
Monday, June 22nd, 2020
SEO trends come and go, but obtaining an assortment of quality citations or inbound links to your website to help build your website’s authority hasn’t changed. The loose early years of mass link building practices have long gone, in 2020 the emphasis is continuing to be quality over quantity.
While its always more important to seek out links from relevant industry-related sites and strong online brands, it’s still useful to assess directory style websites. The key here is to avoid listing your website on gazillions of low authority directories, this is not only a waste of time but it will be detrimental in the long run.
What are the best quality link building directories in New Zealand? Take a look below at our list of the top 10 inbound links you need to consider in 2020.
Top 10 Free New Zealand Directory Links
While setting up a Google My Business listing for your website is the single most important link opportunity for your business (it is crucial for optimising for Google Local Search and Google Maps), outside of the Google platform there are a few other places that are also well worth your time. Here is a list of the top 10 free directories when looking for quality citations for your New Zealand website.
- Yellow Pages. Very well known and trusted brand the yellow Pages offer a free listing service alongside their usual paid advertising services. Very worth while directory for all business types.
- Neighbourly. Neighbourly is sharp, clean and perfect for amplifying the local focus. Submission is via the ‘Business’ section.
- Finda. If you only have the time to submit to one or two NZ directories, then Finda is a good place to start. Finda offers free and paid listings and is a well known NZ directory used by many businesses nationwide. All submissions are subject to a 48 moderation process.
- Hotfrog. With an updated submission process, new look and much improved search ability Hotfrog along with Finda are the two most popular directories based in NZ. Hotfrog allows an in depth explanation of products and services and good location mapping.
- Kompass. A B2B (Business to Business) directory with a New Zealand submission site, the Kompass submission process is straightforward, and geared towards the B2B market but the website is top of the list for Domain Authority making it a very good quality backlink.
- Yelp. Although an internationally based service, Yelp does have a successful NZ specific directory site. The submission process is fairly straight forward, and you can now choose to submit a new business as a ‘customer’ or as the business ‘owner’. Verification by phone may be required.
- Zenbu. A old school style location specific directory with an easy submission process and great search features including ‘Maps’ and ‘Find Nearest’ options. Zenbu listings are visible/live as soon as you submit them.
- Cylex. An international company with NZ specific business directory, Cylex follows a good easy to understand submission process. Users can review and rate businesses and Cylex also has good customer support. You are required to enter your official business email, and additional verification may be required.
- Tuugo. Another world wide directory service with a NZ specific directory site. The listing process is reliable and straight forward. Listings appear almost immediately.
- Zipleaf. One of NZ’s largest online directories, Zipleaf has an easy submission process and the directory is regularly kept up to date. Only one listing per login is permitted.
International Directory Links
While the focus of this blog post is on quality New Zealand links, looking offshore is still beneficial but it is important to stick to good authority, trustworthy sites. To get you started, here are a few that we have found to supplement our Kiwi directory list.
- BrownBook. A worldwide directory with New Zealand specific category, so far not a huge amount of NZ listings but still a good authority link.
- Enroll Business. Listings appear quickly and include a map based locator, the submission process is easy and straight forward, Enroll Business provides a good solid link and is an easy to use directory.
- Tupalo. Easy submission process by simply “Adding a Spot”, tick the box to say you ‘own the business’ to get access to further features.
Some related topics you may find useful…
- Tips For Getting High Quality Back Links
- Google Ads Services
- Handy SEO Tools
- Local Search Ranking Factors
- Google My Business Setup Guide
Need help with citation building and auditing, off site optimisation or other SEO Services? Get in touch with the Avatar team today.
Free Expert Online Marketing Tips
Sign up to Avatar's monthly newsletter...