Newsletter Email Invitation
Wednesday, September 24th, 2014
An email newsletter can be a great way to keep in touch with your customer base, as well as to market new products. When people to sign up to your newsletter, you gain an audience who has shown interest in your expertise. The best way to add to your email list is through contacts you’ve already made, such as customers, business contacts or associates. However, when inviting people to join your mailing list you need to do this with careful consideration to maximise the sign up rate. The key is creating a newsletter email invitation template that is friendly, engaging and clearly indicates the value of what they’re signing up to. We suggest you consider the following elements:
- A personal greeting. People can almost always tell when something has been mass-distributed. It loses the personal touch, and this can be very obvious and make the recipient feel undervalued. Although bulk emailing software allows you to automatically add or change a name, a couple of sentences touching base and creating a personal connection can go a long way for setting up the tone of the message.
- A clear description and compelling benefits. If your newsletter is merely a sales pitch, then it’s going to sound like a sales pitch. No matter what your product is, you should always make sure the email itself provides some value to the recipient, such as some helpful tips, interesting links, or just an opinion or thought. In your invitation, take a couple of paragraphs to describe what you offer, as well as how often you’ll be sending them emails.
- A way to take action. If you don’t provide them with an easy way to subscribe to the email, they probably won’t bother. Have a clear link to the subscription page – in particular, a large button or graphic works well.
- An example. Adding a link to the most recent issue at the bottom of the email is a good way to demonstrate the usefulness of your newsletter content.
Here’s an example that we would send out to a client who had worked with us to build a website:
It was great working with you on your vegetarian kung fu website. We trust your website is running smoothly and if you need any further support, remember we’re here to help out.
Also, I want to let you know that we offer free online marketing advice, search engine news and important updates in our monthly newsletter. It will help you to generate more online business by…
- Being introduced to new online marketing ideas
- Keeping informed on search engine trends
- Staying focused on building site traffic and site conversions
Simply click to this page to subscribe…
We highly recommend you try it out, we’re sure you’ll find the information valuable and it’s a superb way for us to keep in touch with you on important happenings.
P.S. You can click on the link above to see examples of previous newsletters.
Building up a newsletter mailing list is important… and so is not alienating your associates and past clients. Take the time to send a personalised newsletter invitation message.
Free Expert Online Marketing Tips
Sign up to Avatar's monthly newsletter...