Quick Business Plan Template
Wednesday, June 5th, 2013
Whether you’re a first time start up or an established business looking to branch out, defining and presenting your initial business proposition is the most integral first step. Business plans have many different factors and considerations that all need to come together, so compiling these in a comprehensive way can be challenging. The Business Model Canvas by Business Model Generation seeks to simplify this process and provides a systematic way to map your business strategy from start to finish.
The Business Plan Template can be downloaded for free and used digitally or printed out. It is a large canvas divided into squares, each one containing a vital aspect of the business plan.
- Customer Segments. Identifies who your customer base is. This can refer to paying customers or casual users depending on your business.
- Value Propositions. Covers what you will offer these customers – what do they stand to gain from your business? Essentially, the product or service you are planning to offer.
- Channels. How the service or product will be conveyed to the customer. This could be through physical retail outlets, online stores or subscriptions.
- Customer Relationships. Outlines the type of relationship you’re establishing with your customers.
- Revenue Streams. Identifies the way you expect to profit from the business. This covers not only the means of revenue but also forecasted results.
- Key Resources. Identifies what you will need to make this business plan happen. From production and development through to marketing and distribution, this should be a comprehensive list of what you will need to get the project off the ground.
- Key Activities. The things you will need to do in order for your business to perform well.
- Key Partnerships. You won’t own all the resources yourself, so it’s important to identify the partnerships you will need to build to get all the necessary components together.
- Cost Structure. A summary of costs that are contained in the business structure.
Following this business plan template gives you a clear and logical structure, bringing to light oversights or potential issues within your proposed business model. Not only is it good for brainstorming and working out details yourself, it’s also an excellent format for presenting the idea to others. It can be used for free with proper accreditation, and is a proven method of planning a business idea.
Free Expert Online Marketing Tips
Sign up to Avatar's monthly newsletter...