Revitalise Your Website
When was the last time you refreshed your website? For a lot of businesses, a website is considered a one-off commitment, but it’s better to think of it like a business office or car – you’d soon notice the wear and tear and how dated it is compared to modern, well-kept alternatives. A website should be updated from time to time to prolong its lifespan in between major upgrades. A stale, forgotten website is never going to get the best results. Some simple ways to revitalise your website include:
- Replace the images. Images are one of the things that can quickly become dated, or aren’t great quality to begin with. Particularly for businesses that rely on displaying their products online, it’s a good idea to spend some time and create quality, professional images to use.
- Check your mobile compatibility. Older websites may not be optimised to be viewed on a smaller screen, such as a tablet or smart phone. Converting a website to a responsive (ie, one that changes with screen size) template can be cheaper and easier than an entire rebuild, so it’s a good option to consider.
- Add value. Value is an area we aim focus on here at Avatar. Websites that offer value to their customers or even just passers-by are the ones who get repeat visitors, trust from their audience and word of mouth referrals. Value comes in the form of useful resources, articles, how-to guides, tools and videos.
- Keep up-to-date. Try to avoid using unnecessary dates on your website, and if you absolutely have to make sure they’re updated for the current year, every year. Also go through and make sure any prices are up to date, including items like shipping information.
- Stay in touch. Create a mailing list or some other way of registering emails of people who are interested in your website, and make sure to send subscribers insightful emails.
Keeping your website up-to-date will retain the professional and modern image you want to portray.