User Experience Web Design
User experience design (also known as UX design) is about having a user-centric approach so that visitors to your web site have a positive and engaging experience.
Creating A Positive User Experience
UX design seeks to accommodate the needs of the audience, ranging from visual elements to form and function.
- Logical page sequences, clear instructions. On each page it should be clear what the next step is. Rather than creating sub-menus according to topic, it may be much more logical to order them in terms of immediate use to the user.
- Interesting visual style. Trying something a little unorthodox, distinctive and fun will create a more memorable website.
- Review your site stats. Google’s Analytics tool helps you understand which pages are keeping visitors happy and which need to be revised.
- Clear landing pages. If you are using Google AdWords or targeting very specific keywords, it may be better to have landing pages that specifically address the needs of the users you’re trying to attract.
- Split testing. Select two different design choices – even something small such as button colour or placement – and track the results.
- User testing service. Employing a user testing service (such as www.usertesting.com) is an excellent way to truly understand your website’s ins and outs from a user perspective.
Why User Experience Design Is Important
The best websites aren’t just for show. Avatar always likes to start projects with the purpose of the site and the needs of the target audience firmly in mind, creating a better user experience. If the audience enjoys using your website, they’re much more likely to remain engaged. This brings them closer to your goals, and ultimately drives more conversions.