Content Management System
A Content Management System (CMS) gives Web site operators the capacity to update and manage their content. Content can swiftly be updated, allowing businesses to communicate in an efficient and timely manner. Web site visitors like to see fresh and relevant content when they browse the Web, so having fresh content can give companies a distinct competitive advantage online.
Content Management System Options
Avatar typically chooses between three popular content management options. Each system has attributes that will determine the type that is selected for your Web project.
- Joomla! – A popular option for managing large volumes of Web site content and is highly extensible with comprehensive community building features.
- WordPress – A smaller and easier to use CMS with excellent blogging functionality.
- Dreamweaver Contribute – Not strictly a CMS, this is software you install on your computer.
Content Management System (CMS) Web Site Features
CMS’ offer a range of features and benefits suitable for a wide range of Web sites.
- Flexibility – CMS driven sites can use pre-designed templates or can be fully customised with new template designs.
- Easy and Practical – Site administrators don’t have to come equipped with design or technical skills. Good CMS’ are easy to use and simple site-wide updates can often be completed in just minutes.
- Extensions – A CMS site allows you to add extensions and plug-ins such as calendars, blogs and forums.
View a demo of the Joomla! CMS here. If you are interested in a new CMS Web site, please contact us.