Web Site Design Costs
How We Charge
When we work out the costs for your Web design project, we estimate the number of hours it will take us to complete your project, (as we work and charge by the hour). These hours are clearly outlined in your proposal document are broken down into: design costs per page, functionality, implementation, testing, project management and Web marketing.
Our standard rate is $120+gst per hour. We allow a $500+gst spread of prices in our proposal to show you that costs for your project depend on various factors.
We will keep you informed during the progress of the project as to whether your project is moving towards the top or bottomend of the spread.
How to Keep Your Costs in the Lower Price Spread
To keep your costs at the lower end of the spread, you can:
- Supply us with finished, publication ready text (without changes)
- Supply text in one single Word document (Your Website Content), containing clearly labelled text relating to the site structure as outlined in your proposal
- Send images as gif or jpeg formats (not as part of the Word document)
- Ensure that we receive all text and images before the site build begins
- Make no further changes to the design following concept sign off
- Respond quickly with feedback within the allocated times with all parties involved providing one set of clear changes.
If you meet all of the requirements above your final estimated costs will be at the bottom end of the pricing scale provided.
What Bumps Up Your Projects Costs
Additional costs tend to apply, if we:
- Make changes to the home page or sub page design following sign off
- Spend additional hours in project management (including for example, receiving changes or making changes to ‘Your Web Site Content’ text file, receiving changes or making changes to your choice of images, making changes to your site structure, time spent chasing sign-offs)
- Spend more than 1 hour with you in consultation meetings.
All these additional hours will be invoiced to you at our standard hourly rate of $120+gst per hour.
Ways to Reduce Your Overall Project Costs
Here are some tips on how to reduce costs for your Web site:
- Fewer pages for us to load
- Less automation
- Opt for only one design concept (saving 5 hours — $600+gst)
- Be decisive and as organised as you can (see above)
- Choose an optimisation package with fewer keywords.
View more information about our Web design process and Web marketing services.